Progressive Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Coverage

If you're hit by a driver who's found at fault and has no insurance or insufficient coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage can pay for medical treatment for you and your passengers, as well as the damage to your vehicle. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is divided into two parts — bodily injury (UMBI) for medical expenses and property damage (UMPD) for physical damage to your vehicle and property.

Common questions about Progressive's UM/UIM coverage

How do state requirements for UM/UIM coverage work?

Can I add UM/UIM coverage if it's not required in my state?

Learn how our other auto coverages deliver peace of mind

We offer a variety of car insurance coverages so you can create a policy that fits your needs.

Protect yourself from uninsured drivers

Get a quoteOr, call 1-855-347-3939